In my household we are recyclers, composters, energy savers and water reducers. So why not take it to the next step and use these tips to throw a more environmentally friendly party. Incorporating “Green” decor into your event can not only be great for the planet but also your budget.
* Use old wine corks for escort cards or decorations. Those of us wine enthusiasts have random wine corks being stored in containers around the house so why not put them to good use… as well as get them off your kitchen counter.
* Invest in solar lighting. Not only is solar a great green alternative to your household outdoor lights, it’s free, and most solar lights are now easily moveable. Allowing you to customize the lighting for your event.
* Make homemade Popsicles. It’s a fun alternative to store bought ice cream treats. Plus you can create your own personalized flavors.
* Create your own candles by using the wax from old candles that you just can’t seem to get yourself to throw away. Melt them together to create unique scented candles for your guests to take as favors. Be creative with your container as well by trying an oyster shell or old teacup.
* Use your bird bath as a wine cooler. Simply fill it with ice and use it to chill your wine. When the ice melts it can be magically transformed back into a birdbath.
* Use licorice to quench your thirst in replacement of straws. All you have to do is snip the ends off and viola instant straw.
* Use old canning jars for vases and fill them with wild flowers. Not only is this beautiful its also very trendy right now.
* encourage your guests to carpool. It will give them some extra time to spend together!
The possibilities are endless. You can come up with hundreds of your own ideas just by gathering things around the house, so have fun with it. If nothing else your quirky items will be a great conversation starter!