I will be the first to say that I LOVE themed parties. I love everything about them. They just add a fun twist to any event. So why not have a themed wedding. And I know what your thinking. Themed weddings are so tacky. WRONG! They is a classy way to execute any wedding idea. Here are a few ideas for a very classy version of a Twilight themed wedding.
Maybe you are looking for something unique, something the expresses who you are as a couple, maybe you just want your wedding to stand out and be fun. Why not have a Halloween themed wedding?? Here are some tasteful ways you can successfully have a Halloween themed wedding.
The first step is to embrace the theme … every step of the way.
Embrace the Darkness – Let it work for you. Use twinkle lights to emphasize the bare trees, light up pumpkins and lanterns.
Embrace the Color – Use the color pallet to pull your theme through. Greys, blacks, oranges and purples.
Embrace the cobwebs – This is a fantastic cheap way to have a Halloween themed wedding. Hand spiders from the webs or drape webs anywhere to instantly create the look and feel of Halloween.
Embrace the Sugar – Halloween is the biggest time of year for candy. So why not jump on board. Have a candy bar, caramel apples or Halloween shaped treats.
Embrace Pumpkins – Nothing says Halloween like pumpkins. Use them as table numbers, general decor or to accent other features to soften your Halloween look.
Additional Way to Embrace Your Theme –
- Ask your guest to dress up! Nothing involves people more than asking them to contribute to the look and feel of your wedding by getting involved themselves.
- Desserts – go for pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake or caramel apples
- Wedding Favors- this is the easiest way to really drive your theme home. So be creative!
- Have a mock trick-or-treat for kids. Have a pile of candy on each table and then can trick-or-treat around the reception.
Here are just some of the great ideas for having a Halloween themed wedding to remember. 🙂
We all have our favorite Disney movie, my personal favorite is Aladdin. Maybe you are also a Disney fanatic and wish there was a classy way to add touches of your favorite Disney movie to your own wedding. Well there is! Below is a list of great ways to incorporate your favorite Disney movie into your dream wedding.
Beauty & The Beast : Red & Gold
Snow White: Yellow & Blue
Tangled: Teal & Pink
Cinderella: Light Blue & Silver
Sleeping Beauty: Pink & Blue
Little Mermaid: Green & Purple
Pocahontas: Brown & Blue/Teal
The Princess and the Frog: Green & Yellow
Alice in Wonderland : Blue, White & Black
Beauty & The Beast :
- Melt candle wax into teacups or flowers in teacups to add a special touch of chip and Mrs. Pots
- Decorate with books. Use books to hold up food trays or to lay across a table as an accent piece.
- Decorate with red roses!!
- Use red apples as your main centerpiece.
- Use antique mirrors as decorations.
- Whimsical ice sculpture
- Drive up in a Cinderella carriage
- Decorate with glass slippers
- Have a castle cake or cake topper
- White pumpkin centerpieces
- Incorporate Indian lanterns
- Add exotic animals
- Have belly dancers
Your First Dance:
- Lion King – “Can you Feel the Love Tonight”
- Aladdin – ” I Can Show You the World”
- Lady & the Tramp – “Bella Notte”
- Sleeping Beauty – “Once Upon a Dream”
- Alfredo Angelo has an entire collection of Disney Bridal Gowns which are inspired by:
- Sleeping Beauty
- Snow White
You can also view their video Alfredo Angelo Disney Gowns
- Wear “glass” shoes
- Wear a Tiara
- Nothing says Disney wedding more than getting married at Disney World. Disney will help make your dream princess wedding a reality. Visit the Disney Wedding Website to find out more!
- If you are having an “Under the Sea” themes wedding consider seeing if your local zoo or aquarium does weddings. Many places now allow you to reserve a room to dine with the dolphins.
- Perhaps have your honeymoon be included in your wedding themes. Go to Africa ( The Lion King) or India ( Aladdin).
The possibilities are endless. You can include as little or as much into your wedding theme. The important thing is that your wedding is a representation of your love for each other.